Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wednesday Wisdom



These Brandi Carlile lyrics speak to me.

"You gotta keep your heart young
Don't go growin' old before your time has come
You can't take back what you have done
You gotta keep your heart young"

Whenever I have a chance to talk to the high school girls I coach and teach, and even the 5th graders at my elementary school who are starting to mature--I tell them--Enjoy being a kid as long as you can! Don't get caught up in the "boy-girl" stuff. Enjoy being you and enjoy being with your friends and family. Don't try to grow up so fast.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I sure miss being a kid. So I try not to take myself too seriously, but when the world's in the shape that it's hard not to be serious and somber a lot of the time.

Do something light-hearted today.
Happy Wednesday & Keep your heart young!

No comments :

Post a Comment