Thursday, May 1, 2014

Bridal Shower

Well, after a horrible morning, I think I am finally on the road to recovery! Hopefully it goes quickly so I can start taking better care of my gimpy husband who injured his ankle badly this weekend. We're just a mess of misfortune lately in the Everett household!
Anyway, I thought I would share some pictures from a small bridal shower I co-hosted for a friend (almost a year ago now!) My parents have a lovely covered deck, but it ended up being a rainy day so we moved it inside. I love decorating for parties, but I don't get to do it very often, as my apartment is not really suited for entertaining...sigh...someday!
 Tissues Paper Poufs from Shop Sweet Lulu. Cupcake tower is Martha Stewart from Macy's. I got it as a gift for my wedding :) I use it every chance I get! My mom & I decorated cardboard pennants to make the banner. Unfortunately, the store we always bought them from went out of business :( We're hoping that the Hobby Lobby that is opening near us soon sells them!




You can find pretty paper straws here at Shop Sweet Lulu.

I honestly can't remember the exact recipe for the punch. I think it was a hybrid pinterest recipe/my own concoction. I think I got the idea from here-but I used Gingerale instead of Sprite & I added orange sherbet.



It was a simple but sweet shower. I was very honored to be a bridesmaid in my dear friend's wedding. I taught her dance when she in middle school and she just blossomed into a lovely woman. I can't believe she's been married for almost a year now!

I hope you have a great Thursday & if you're in the Oregon Valley enjoy this beautiful weather!
   

2 comments :