Monday, July 14, 2014

Camping

The past few days my husband I camped at yellowbottom camp site. For those of you in Oregon is about 24 miles outside of Sweet Home up past Green Peter Reservoir. My family used to go swim & picnic there for day trips when I was young, but we haven't been in more than 10 years. I love camping because I love being out in nature and I especially love the mountains in the summer.
One of my absolute favorite things to do is to sit around a camp fire with good friends and family. I'm sorry I didn't take many photos on our camping trip because I was too busy enjoying myself!
I snapped these pictures right before we left and the weather wasn't great on our last day. But we spent a lot of time floating in the gorgeous sun out on the water. There are some deep areas for swimming but in most of the places it stays shallow enough that you can touch.



One day we floated down river quite a ways and we finally got to a point to stop because the rapids were picking up and Joel fell out of his floaty & had to go chase it, but he didn't notice that he lost his travel mug too! I couldn't get to it in time. So somewhere in the Santiam river there a travel mug full of wine that belongs to us, haha!
This is our "end of the trip" selfie. On our last day we woke up to rain and a thunder and lightening storm. So we woke up WAY earlier than planned and started packing up. We look just a little tired, ya think? We did still get one last camp fire so we could boil water for coffee before we took off.
I love camping! I wish we could go again soon! I'm already planning ahead for next year :)

Hope you all had a great weekend!
Happy Monday :)

No comments :

Post a Comment