Friday, July 4, 2014

Independence Day

Source: Free Patriotic Printables via My Fabulous Life Blog
Happy 4th of July everyone! I love the USA and I am proud to be an American and live in this great nation.
In a time where so many people seem to hate the United States I think it's important for people to remember that Nations are made up of individuals. I am an American, you are an American and our unique personalities and passions are what build a Nation. Without independence there is no creativity and growth. I am so thankful for those who have fought for our freedom whether on the battle field or with their words in city halls and pubic entities across America.

I also want to take time to honor a great American, Louis Zamperini. If you have have been following my blog you will remember a couple months back I wrote a review on the book Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand (read it here). It is the story of WWII POW and Olympic runner Louis Zamperini. Zamperini passed away this Wednesday. His story is amazing and inspiring and I am so glad to have read it. I really recommend that if you haven't read it yet, you do. Louis Zamperini is an individual who has done a lot of good for our world, and he has helped to make America what it is, just like you and I have a chance to do everyday, maybe not in quite as an astounding way, but everyone has a chance to make a difference.

I'm off to celebrate Independence Day with my family.
Happy 4th Everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment