Monday, August 25, 2014

Willamette Country Music Festival: Day 1

I'm back! I have had a heck of a Monday morning, but after a frustrating morning I found out I have the day off! So I guess I'll forgive Monday then :)
This past weekend I got to go the Willamette Country Music Festival in small town not far away from my parents house where I grew up. I don't have many pictures from the 1st night because I was pretty tired. I had gone to an all day meeting for new teachers in my district before heading over.
The first day we got there later in the evening. The sun was setting and it was beautiful.
My mom and I got a Hawaiian plate and a strawberry lemonade. 
There was pretty lights set up in the covered eating area.
The first night we got to see Montgomery Gentry and Gary Allan. We missed like half of Montgomery Gentry's show because it took FOREVER to get our bracelets and the get in. Lines were long!
This is what it is like to be a short person at a music festival. When everyone stands up, you really can't see anything. Also, those 2 people in the middle of the picture were right in front of me and they fondled each other for the entire concert. Festival Etiquette people: I didn't come to watch you grab your wife's butt all night! 
I'm not a huge Gary Allan fan, but he has some really beautiful songs. He's not really an entertainer though he just pretty much sings his songs. Personally, I like it when the artists talk to the audience.
I'll leave you with the lyrics to my favorite song that he sang. It even made me tear up a little.

"One More Time"
What will I say?
Lookin' back upon this life
Standin' there at the pearly gates
To a golden street paradise
Feelin' humble, no room up there for pride
What will I say?

Well, I know that I've
Messed up more than a time or two
I've lived like hell, I've done it well
And I've got the scars to prove
When I show up alone at heaven's door
Will I be proud of what I've done
Or will I be begging for

One more time
One more chance
One more trip around the sun
One more dance
Another day
To get it right
Yeah, one more kiss
One more touch
Another song
Another night
Just one more time

Just wanna make sure
That I did it all right
I just wanna make sure
I loved and cared and gave with all my might
'Cause there'll be a moment
Yeah, there always is
When I won't get another day like this

One more time
One more chance
One more trip around the sun
One more dance
Another day
To get it right
Yeah, one more kiss
One more touch
Another song
Another night
Just one more time 

Happy Monday!

No comments :

Post a Comment