Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wednesday Wisdom: Pray Without Ceasing

 Just thought I would share something that's on my heart. Sometimes I get so weighed down and frustrated and overwhelmed with life. I get so stressed out that I can't control the outcomes of things no matter how hard I try. I've faced so many setbacks with coaching so far, and teaching has definitely not been easy either. I hurt for my students that have behavior problems, and students who are more than likely going home to broken families, neglect and other things. I hurt for my friends and family who seem to be having a hard time in life. I hurt for the people of the world who face atrocities that I cannot even imagine. So often I feel utterly helpless until God hits me over the head with a hammer: The answer is PRAYER. I wish I could say I am a prayer warrior, but the truth is I am not. I go through spurts. Sometimes I am on fire consistently praying, and I would have to say that most of the time I am a lazy Christian. Lately I have been in a slump. About a week ago I had an issue come up with one of my students that really bothered me and I took care of it, but it still upset me. Prayer was not my first thought, but fortunately, God sent me a reminder. Remember next time when you feel helpless, that you are not. You have the most powerful being on your side. He wants to help.
Pray without Ceasing.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments :

Post a Comment