Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Christmas Day

I forgot to post this yesterday, so just replace all the "Monday"s with Tuesday in your head... ;)

Another Monday calls for some more Christmas posts!
Christmas morning we woke up early and ate a delicious breakfast of sticky caramel rolls, scrambled eggs and mimosas. It was pretty laid back, some of us were rather cozy and lounged by the fire place all morning ;)
We opened presents with my parents, my 2 younger brothers, my Grandma, and my Aunt & Uncle. I received these beautiful beaded place mats from my youngest brother and the JOY mugs from my parents. I was so pleased to get the mugs because they went on sale right before Christmas and the letters I wanted were sold out on line and I didn't have time to get to the store.
 I framed a Katie Daisy print for my mom for her present. We both love her artwork. It's colorful and joyful!
I don't get to see my younger brother very often. It was really nice to have him home for Christmas.
  Not a great picture, but I wanted to share my festive outfit :) I got the sequin top on sale at Macy's a few years ago, and the red & gold heart shirt I got at Wal-Mart before Christmas.
We munched on good food and visited all day.
I made punch and of course I had to use the punch bowl I got as a wedding present.
Punch Recipe: 2 liter of Gingerale, cranberry juice and orange juice (I just poured until it looked good haha). Sliced oranges. You could also you cranberry gingerale, which is what I originally planned, but they were all sold out at the store I went to!
Oh this sweet dog gets around. We started to put this puzzle together but we decided it was too hard for the amount of time we had.
My older brother & sister-in-law stopped by for a little while before heading to her family so we could take a family picture. I love my family & I love Christmas.

No comments :

Post a Comment