Sunday, September 17, 2017

Spring Break 2017: Palm Springs Part I

Alright, baby boy is asleep, and I have had zero motivation to day anything today, but I finally decided I should try to do a blog post because I've been neglecting it! I'm feeling lazy so I didn't put a ton of time into arranging photos for this post. It's just quick and dirty.
My summer was consumed with taking care of baby and figuring out how to be parents so we really didn't do anything this summer--so I'm going back to share the last big trip we took before the baby: Spring Break in Palm Springs :)
It's going to take a few posts, so here's the first one!
We were so glad to get away, because as you can see below, the weather at home was gloomy and the weather in Palm Springs was beautiful!
Palm Springs is my in-law's favorite place to vacation and we were so grateful they invited us along with them for their vacation. Below is the view from the parking lot of the condo we stayed in.
We drove through the night non-stop with the guys taking turns driving to get there. Let me tell you, being 6, almost 7 months pregnant and trying to sleep in the backseat of a car crammed full of luggage and groceries is NOT comfortable!! I ended up with swollen feet for the first time during my pregnancy due to not being able to stretch out! And when you send a picture of your swollen feet to your family at home, your little brother sends you back this:
The condo we stayed in was a nice gated condo community in Cathedral City, I would share the link but the listing is currently unavailable. We enjoyed coffee and daily devotions out on one of the three patios.
And we had views of beautiful palm trees!
Our first day there we didn't do much because we were so tired from driving, but we did get out and about on a Sunday! We started out by attending The Rock Church in Palm Desert. If you're looking for a church to attend while vacationing in the area check it out!
After church, Joel wanted to watch a basketball game so we just looked on google for a sports bar place to eat, and we randomly picked a place called "The Tack Room Tavern" in Indo.
The restaurant was just okay, but lucky for us, we found a gem because it was located on beautiful Empire Polo Club grounds!
There were tons of beautiful flowers and fountains and sculptures!
The next morning, my father in law took us on his favorite hike in Palm Desert called the "Bump and Grind". I usually love hiking, but hiking in the desert heat at almost 7 months pregnant, guys, I wussed out big time. I was extremely thirsty for my entire pregnancy and had to pee all the time and hiking in the desert heat when my feet were still swollen was not a good combination. I did not make it far, so my mother in law walked back to the car with me while the guys finished up.
We a lot of time by the pool, which we pretty much had to ourselves the entire time.
My mother in law and I got pedicures and did some shopping...
While the guys did a lot of golfing.
I took my first bump pic!
And we enjoyed some cool places for happy hour, this one was called Wangs.
It was a pretty cool restaurant, but happy hour was dead, and still pretty expensive--we learned that the best time to go is for "taco tuesday"--of course!
More on our trip to come, but for now, cheers and happy Sunday!

No comments :

Post a Comment