Sunday, October 1, 2017

Spring Break 2017: Hollywood, LA, The Grove

While we were in Palm Springs, we decided to make a day trip back up to visit the Hollywood walk of fame and a couple of other stops. While we were waiting in traffic, I played the sound track to LaLa Land and joked about waiting for people to get out of their cars and start dancing.
Despite having to turn around a few times, we navigated our way to Hollywood Boulevard and parked quite easily in the parking garage of the shopping center connected to the Dolby Theater.
Mann's Chinese Theater is the place to see all of the celebrity hand prints and autographs.
"The Rock" is one of my dear friend's celebrity crush, so I had to send her this picture :) 
Can you tell we like action movie stars? By the way, I'm standing on Gene Kelly's hand & footprints in that picture,
 I was trying to channel his energy into the bump in hopes that baby boy gets some rhythm :)
We did some shopping at the cliche souvenir shops and got some cute mugs and t shirts, and I had to take this picture with my mother-in-law with Elvis! After walking around and looking at the stars some and doing our shopping, I decided that if we get to come again, I should look into some guided tours. I would absolutely love to explore the city of LA more,
 but we were short on time this trip! 
We left Hollywood to drop my husband off at the USC football practice field, so he could watch one of his former players in the spring scrimmage, pretty cool!
While he was at the game, my mother-in-law and I trekked back through the LA traffic to The Grove shopping center to complete an item on my bucket list: visiting a Laduree's!
The grove shopping center is beautiful! We were seated for lunch outside under these beautiful trees.
Laduree is originally in France, and they have recently opened several in the U.S., two in California! It is such a beautiful cafe I have always wanted to go to one, so I when I saw one opened at The Grove I knew that would be my chance!
I splurged and bought myself a small box of 6 macarons in a pretty pink box.
I had lobster rolls, and my mother-in-law had a spinach egg white omelette.
The staff was so nice, we asked one of the hostesses to take a picture of us & she not only took one, but she took several for us in different spots! So nice!

Bucket list item complete!
And, of course, I couldn't pass by a sprinkles cupcakes without getting a couple.
This was probably one of the most indulgent days of my life, but I was pregnant & on vacation!
I hope to explore more of LA someday, but this will satisfy me for now!
What's your favorite places to visit in Los Angeles? 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment