Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Spring Break 2017: Palm Springs Art Museum

Alas, here's my last post or our Palm Springs trip.
One night we went to this really pretty restaurant called The La Quinta Cliffhouse because they have a great happy hour and patio seating. Unfortunately, it was too windy to sit outside, and there was a huge wait to sit in the bar for happy hour, but they were so great, they accommodated everyone for happy hour and seated us in the restaurant so we wouldn't have to wait so long! The food was excellent!
After dinner, we headed to downtown Palm Springs to check out their Thursday night street market and the Palm Springs Art Museum. Unfortunately, the street market was canceled because it was too windy. There were palms down everywhere, and even some power outages. The Art Museum was great though!
I had really hoped to get out in the dessert to see the art installation listed below, but we just didn't have time.
I also really regret that I didn't take pictures of the information on these works of art--so sorry, there isn't credit to the artist on this blog, but check out the Palm Springs Art Museum website to find more information.
Had to take a picture with my spirit statue!
On our last day  in Palm Springs we went back into the downtown area for breakfast.
My in-laws had been to Cheeky's before for breakfast, and I had heard a ton about it so we chose to go there.
The wait time was super long, so we put our name on a list and wandered around Palm Springs a bit more. I fell in love with these decorative hutches below!! I didn't even bother checking on the price because I know they were out of my price range, but aren't those so cool?
B for Barbie & Baby :)
Finally got into breakfast! I had the huevos rancheros, and obviously I was so hungry I forgot to take a picture before I started eating. It was delicious!
The next day we loaded up the car, stopped by a random little Saturday Market (my hubby was amused by "Barbie's Closet" and then headed home!
Here's my list of things I'd like to do on my next visit to Palm Springs:
Well, it was fun! Until next time Palm Springs!

No comments :

Post a Comment