Saturday, September 29, 2018

Mr. Rogers Inspired 1st Birthday Party!

This post is several month's old, but we are headed to my niece's birthday party today, and this has been sitting in my drafts for quite a while now. Baby's taking a nap so I decided to go for it.
Welcome to Baby's 1st birthday party!
I chose to do a "Mr. Roger's" themed party because of his wonderful positivity and this awesome quote:
Originally I had all of these cute ideas for a "Pinterest" worthy party, as I was feeling the pressure to live up to the super adorable themed parties friends had recently thrown for their kiddos, but alas, I just didn't have the time or the energy to make everything happen.
I was feeling disappointed that all of my ideas weren't going to come to fruition the way I wanted it to until I was reading "The Finishing School" by Val Woerner. She has a chapter about hosting and the quote that stuck out to me was something along the lines of "hosting isn't about people leaving your home feeling better about you, it's about leaving your home feeling better about themselves."
As long as your event has good food and places for people to sit then that's really all that maters! So I ditched all of my cutesy little food ideas and forewent spending exorbitant amounts of money on decorations and went with Costco and Walmart, and a few homemade touches :)
My mom painted this sign for the entry. And it now hangs in his room!
 Who needs an expensive custom made cake? Costco Cake + Red Vines equals crazy delicious!(anyone get that reference?)

We asked people to dress in theme by wearing their best Mr. Rogers style Cardigan.
My "Raising Tomorrow" shirt is from Ford & Wyatt.
He burned his little finger on the candle right before we sang to him so he cried all the way through his birthday song :'(
I lucked out and found this little mini cake at a local grocery store the morning of his birthday. I knew they usually had them, but I there was only one generic cake and the rest were graduation!
Our friends and family blessed us with so many sweet gifts and letters.
I wouldn't wish being president on my worst enemy but it's fun to think of his future achievements, dreams and talents!
I hope you enjoyed this glimpse at our fun, colorful 1st birthday party for our baby boy!
And I leave you with this:
It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood
A beautiful day for a neighbor
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
It's a neighborly day in this beautywood
A neighborly day for a beauty
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you
So let's make the most of this beautiful day
Since we're together, we might as well say
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?
Won't you please
Won't you please
Please won't you be my neighbor?

No comments :

Post a Comment