Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Oh My Goodness! Tribute to Shirley Temple

I grew up watching Shirley Temple movies. Shirley Temple is probably a big part of the reason why I started dancing. I loved watching her dance in all of her movies. The first dance class I ever took was was a tap class. Whenever I got to order a special drink at the my favorite Chinese restaurant as a little girl, I would ALWAYS get a Shirley Temple. Truthfully, I still order Shirley Temples sometimes :) Here is one of my all time favorite dance scenes:

 

 I have to bring treats to work for the staff on Friday, and since it is Valentines day I think Shirley Temple cupcakes would be perfect! I'd like to make cupcakes that are super pretty and sophisticated like these ones I found on Pinterest from the Whimsical Cupcake blog (click on picture to go to the recipe):

http://thewhimsicalcupcake.wordpress.com/2012/03/06/shirley-temple-cupcakes/
thewhimsicalcupcake.wordpress.com
But let's be honest, I'll probably make more of a "semi-homemade" version using this recipe from Heck Fridays Blog--It looks way more do-able for my skills! I'll try it and let you know how they turn out!


Check out the recipe by clicking this link clicking the link below:

Heck Friday's Shirley Temple Cupcakes












Happy Tuesday--Drink a Shirley Temple this week!







No comments :

Post a Comment