Monday, September 8, 2014

Civil War

Well folks, we survived our 1st half-week of teaching and now we on to our 1st full week! Despite not having much to say, things have slowly leaked out of my husband. He ended up having one class that a bunch of students were added to at the last minute and he didn't even have enough desks for all of them! I discovered that I have one 1st grade class that is going to be extremely difficult to manage.  The students are out of control to the point that all we got through last week in 45 minutes was move & freeze, and they didn't do so well at that. At this point the only thing I can think to do is to pray about it.
This past weekend we went to a family bbq in honor of the Beavers away game. Notice I said Beavers even though the ducks were playing as well. Pretty much everyone on my side of the family are Beavers fans. Joel was basically the lone Duck fan, but he did have company on this occasion as my cousin and her boyfriend sported some of that ugly green and yellow as well.
Yes, we are a house divided. And so begins the season of being a football widow and arguing over who is the better team (the ducks are better, but don't tell him I said that!). Oregon State is the better school.
I bleed orange til the day I die!
Go Beavers!

Happy Monday!

No comments :

Post a Comment