Thursday, October 16, 2014

Fall Celebration

Every year my Sister-in-Law & Brother-in-Law throw a "Fall Celebration". This year was their 15th one! Basically it is a get together where we eat yummy fall themed foods and visit with family. She had lovely candles burning, and the whole house smelled like caramel apples. Classic Frank Sinatra and Nat King cole were playing in the background and there was just an all around cozy glow to the atmosphere. We sipped on apple cider cocktails and this year Hungarian Gulash was the main dish and it was delish!
This was the set up for the dining room table. My sister-in-law is very crafty and great at decoration. She scored her silver tea set at a garage sale for $7! It's so gorgeous and looked beautiful for her centerpiece. now I'm on the hunt for one (of course I have no where to put it at the moment, but hopefully Joel & I will be moving by the end of spring!)
For her table runner she just used brown butcher paper and cut the ends like a ribbon. Simple and cute.
I didn't take many pictures because I was busy visiting, but she took more pictures of her cute decor details and posted them on her blog "The Everett Six" if you would like to see more of the celebration :)
This is not a very appetizing picture, but I brought an appetizer that I found on pinterest. I wrapped brie cheese, a tart granny smith apple slice, a pecan, and drizzled with honey and seasoned with rosemary, in a crescent roll. They may not look very pretty but they tasted yummy! You can view the pin here.
It's not very often that I get to dress normal or cute so when I do, of course I have to document it.
What I wore: Sweater: Old Navy (old) // Top: JCPenney // Boots: ASOS

 
 Here's a close up of the detail on the shirt!

Happy Fall & Happy Thursday!


1 comment :

  1. Thank you for coming up for the party and bringing the yummy appetizer! I'm happy to have someone in the family that appreciates things like this!! Too bad I don't have your name at Christmas! I thought you looked extra cute that night too.

    ReplyDelete