Monday, November 24, 2014

Monday Revelation: Let it Go!

At 26, I feel that I pretty much have myself figured out by now, and yet I still make new discoveries. This year at has really come to my attention that I am a bit of a control freak. Recently I had a situation where I made plans for an event for the dance team I coach. At the last minute some of the girls informed me that they had made their own plans. I felt really disrespected and frustrated with them. Instead of letting it go and giving it to God and remembering to honor God in everything I do, I made a deal out of it and in the end a couple of the girls decided not to go. There is more to the story, but I was so upset about what happened and how things were going to work out that I couldn't sleep, I couldn't relax, and I was getting grumpy with my husband, who is an angel, and always the sound of reason in my anxious, control freak life.

I reached out and asked for prayer and for God to help me to LET GO of things and to not worry and let him take control. When I left for the event the next morning I was still feeling uneasy about how the day was going to turn out. I was listening to a Christian radio station (Klove) on my way to meet the team.

In the past year I have started making an effort to listen to Christian radio, only in my car. I usually get really tired of listening to the Christian station because I just don't really enjoy the style of music they play, but the more I have listened, I have come to enjoy some of the music and appreciate the songs I don't really like for their encouraging words. 

The DJ on Klove that morning said that she had been drawn to read the book of Malachi, a book she doesn't usually read, and a verse stood out to her about being thankful and honoring God no matter what and to LET GO. In that moment I knew God was using her to talk to me, because those exact words came to me the night before when I was not honoring God and I was stressing out and getting grumpy. For a long time I have been praying for God to speak to me, and I often feel like I never hear anything from God. I'm sure God talks to me all the time and I'm just not looking and listening for it, but for the first time I truly felt like God was directly speaking to me.

I'm sorry I don't remember what the verse was, and I read through Malachi and it didn't jump out at me. If I find it I will update this post and include the verse!

So today, on this Monday, I encourage you to honor God, no matter your circumstances, and LET IT GO! Give it to God and be thankful.


Happy Monday!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment