Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Gathering 3

After a few days of relaxing I am finally ready to catch up on some blogging! I will start off with our 3rd Christmas gathering of the month, with my husband's family. With 12 nieces and nephews, 6 brothers, 5 sister-in-laws, 1 aunt, 1 uncle, Joel's mom & Step Dad, and a partridge and a pear tree. I did not capture at all the chaos that ensues when it comes time to unwrap gifts. It's a glorious time!
I love this picture because it has both of my brother-in-laws with their twin boys--yes we have 2 sets of twin boys under age 4 in this family!
This is the best I could do with getting everyone! there's like 4 people behind me in the kitchen and I'm pretty sure a bunch of the kids are playing somewhere else.

What my gifts were wrapped in. I love pretty wrapping paper!
Our family does a gift exchange where you draw names. We stuff a stocking for the person and you buy them a gift, there is a prices limit so you put more into the stocking or the gift. One of my sister-in-laws has had me 3 times out of the 4 years I have been in the drawing! She is really great at picking gifts for me--I love everything she gave me :)
I had to snap a pic of my pretty party attire :) Necklace from Bauble Bar, Vest from GroopDealz.
Joel and I stayed the night, and after most everyone left we settled down for some pinochle and Mexican train dominoes. We also went to see the lights at the Portland International Raceway--Which was even more entertaining with commentary from his Uncle Don :)
3 gatherings down, 3 more to go!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment