Thursday, August 6, 2015

Wisdom: Have you prayed about it as much as you have talked about it?


Have you prayed about it as much as you have talked about it?

I've seen this saying so many times, but for some reason this week I have had a revelation about it and it has really hit home. Like knocked me over the head.

In this world of social media, I am bombarded every day comments, pictures, and articles that go against what I believe in and sometimes, not only that, but they go so far as to make accusations, judgments and stereotypes about Christianity and Christians. I sometimes wonder if they were face to face with me if they would really say these things. I understand that Christians have fallen short of the glory of God and made mistakes and caused hurt, but how in this day and age is OK to make stereotypes about an entire population of people?

So many times this week I have been tempted to comment on things that people have posted, or I've complained about it to my husband, but I know that commenting with my 2 cents will not change their mind, and it may just make them hate me. I know this from experience. 
What I do know, is that while I am helpless, God is not.
So, instead of complaining and getting worked up, I have started trying to pray for the person that God will touch their hearts and that God will bless them and they will see the truth. 
Ultimately, it's not even that I want them to change to what I think it "right". I want them to change to have a heart that desires to seek the Lord, and that he would reveal his will to them.

It seems like I should have come to this realization much sooner in my life, but I guess we all learn at different rates. It's not about me and what I think is right or wrong. It's about God. It's about Jesus. I want to shine His light, and draw others to Him. I'm putting out a challenge to those to pray, that instead of getting mad and relying on your own understanding, to pray that God's will be d one.

Happy Thursday!!

No comments :

Post a Comment