Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Birthday: 28, 28 is great

Today I turn 28.
Let's see where I am at in life right now:
I am married.
I have a full time job as a teacher + some part time dance jobs.
I bought a house.
I am blessed.

What's next?
Hopefully some travelling.
Maybe a new car.
More dancing.
More creating.
Possibly babies.

The last one absolutely terrifies me.
Everyone always jokes around about how guys are reluctant to have children.
Am I odd because I'm a woman and I'm not just dying to have a baby?
I still have so many things I want to do in life, and the thought of being absolutely responsible for another human being, in a world that is becoming increasingly more complicated and at odds with what I believe in is not something I am taking lightly.

Who knows?
Next year at this time Joel and I could have a baby.
Maybe we'll have a new car.
Maybe we'll go to Mexico.
We'll see.
Year 28?
Challenge Accepted.

No comments :

Post a Comment