Monday, July 25, 2016

You've Only Got a Hundred Years to live

"It's the oldest story in the world. One day, you're 17 and you're planning for someday. And then quietly, without you ever really noticing, someday is today. And then someday is yesterday. And this is your life." ~One Tree Hill
My 10 year high school class reunion was this past weekend, so I thought I would share a my senior class picture in remembrance. Coincidentally, I also came across the above quote and I couldn't believe how perfect the timing was. My senior year I was voted runner up for most likely to be president, and runner up for most likely to be on Broadway. I was a princess on our town "Strawberry Court", I was a captain on my dance team, I choreographed our school musical and I taught dance classes at my local studio. I wanted to be a councilor at first, but then switched to wanting to be a high school history teacher before the year was over. I also discovered my spirit animal, the Hippo :)
Flash forward 10 years...I am married to a high school history teacher. I got a degree in dance and exercise science, and a masters in exercise science, and now I teach elementary P.E. I never in a million year would have thought that is what I would be doing. I still teach dance. My hair's a little blonder, and my face a little fuller. I moved away from the town I loved to be with my love. I miss it, but I am quickly building new memories and making my new town home.
I love my life.
Not very many people came to our reunion, but I had a great time reconnecting with some old friends that did come!
My "Sparkle Farkle" and I :) We were both captains on dance team together.
Not everyone made in the picture, because some left early and some came late.
It was great reconnecting with people that I grew up with. They're all still fun!

Class of 2006!
Happy Monday!

No comments :

Post a Comment