Monday, March 6, 2017

Baby Gender Reveal Party

The Hubby and I decided to host a "Gender Reveal" party to tell our friends & family what gender our baby is! How cute is the "He or She" cake topper I got from Amazon?
I ordered the cake from our local grocery store bakery. I turned out cute, although not exactly what I wanted. A young guy was taking my cake order, and I feel if it had been a girl, she might have understood what I wanted a little better. I tried explaining "ombre" as I wanted it to fade from pink to blue...he didn't know what that meant. So I told him it was for a "gender reveal" party, thinking that might trigger the context of the cake and he asked me if someone was transitioning... Next time I guess I should bring a picture of what "ombre" is haha.
 
 I got tons of cute pink and blue party supplies at Walmart. Napkins, plates, straws and balloons. 
For the pink drink, I just used raspberry lemonade, for the blue drink, I mixed calypso ocean blue lemonade and pineapple juice.
I love decorating for parties, and the pink and blue theme was so much fun! I got berry and regular flavored La Croix sparkling water in the pretty pink and blue cans and rock candy, which was a big hit with all of the kiddos!
 We inherited a bunch of toys from one of Joel's collegues when they found out we were pregnant, so we set them up for all the kiddos at the party in our bedroom with a movie...I feel like I took this picture before all of the toys were out--it was crazy! haha
Such a blessing to have so many friends and family to come support us in our exciting news!
 Getting ready to pop the confetti filled balloon...
We're having a boy! We found out our appointment earlier that week--I was so sure we were going to have a girl I have been calling our baby boy a "she" for months! Sorry baby boy!
 So even though most of the "old wives tales" predicted girl, and girl won the poll, God had a boy ready for us! Joel is so excited, he had to rub it in a little ;)
Today I am 24 weeks and 4 days! Baby boy is moving a lot and he is the size of an eggplant :)
I'd be lying if I said sometimes I don't have a moment of panic thinking about how much our lives are going to change once he gets here, but seeing how excited Joel is to be a Dad and how much he loves our little boy already makes me excited to be a mommy and grow our little family!
Happy Monday!

No comments :

Post a Comment