Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Beauty Review

WARNING: today you are going to see some really unflattering pictures of me for the sake of beauty!
I recently purchased a face & body luminizer/bronzer from Hard Candy. I am going to be honest--I totally bought it because it was shiny and gold and the word Glow just drew me in.
I've used it a couple of times so I thought it would be fun to do a review on it.
I purchased mine at Wal Mart. Wal Mart is the only place I have seen Hard Candy products, they might be sold somewhere else but in my neck of the woods, that's where it's at.
So here is a "before" picture of me, with absolutely zero makeup on, my hair is not done, and I pretty much just woke up, and I was trying to get the lighting of the picture to be accurate so I took it without a flash into the mirror, resulting in a bad angle for my face...don't judge me. ;)
Here is the "after" picture. Not a huge difference, but I do look slightly more "bronze". You cannot tell in the picture, but the bronzer is very shimmery, so if you were to see me in person in natural sunlight I might look like Edward Cullen when he hits the light (yes I just compared myself to a vampire, no I have not read the books, but I live in Oregon and we are pretty much all vampires 9 months out of the year!)

To be honest, it's not a product I would wear all the time. If I feel like looking a little extra shimmery and bronze and I have a reason to make my self  up, I might use it.

Now, get ready for this next picture where I did my hair & the rest of my makeup, and used a flash & different camera angle--It looks like a fairy came and magically turned me into a different person!
 and Viola!
                          Pale                                                Less Pale                            Camera & Makeup Magic

Well that was fun, maybe I'll do another beauty post eventually!
My advice for today: Get some real sun! (of course if you're in my neck of the woods right now there is none, so maybe you should go on vacation!)
Happy Tuesday!

2 comments :

  1. I wish I had your beautiful skin! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you Klyn you're too sweet :) I wish I had your sense of fashion!

      Delete