Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Secret Life of...

Before I go into today's post, I just wanted to share some good news:
I got the job I applied for last week!! I feel like I can finally relax now (although I can't really because now I need start planning my curriculum for next year!!) The funny thing is, I was for sure I was not going to get this job because a good majority of the students at the school are English Language Learners and the speak Spanish--I speak very little Spanish (I took it in High School). But they liked me! I am excited for my new adventures in teaching & being a first time head coach of a high school dance team. I have my work cut out for me this year (I'm going to start studying Spanish this summer!)

I just watched the movie "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" this weekend and I loved it. The music and the cinematography was inspiring. I can definitely relate to the character of Walter. He day dreams about being adventurous and witty, while in reality he is meek and lets people walk all over him. I feel like the message of the movie is similar to that of this blog. There's more to everyone than meets the eye and everyone has potential for greatness. But we can't do it alone! We need people in our lives that are there to help us back up when we fall.




Be adventurous today!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment