Monday, January 26, 2015

New Year's Eve

Finally posting about New Year's Eve! Here is a look at what I wore. Sweater is from Forever21, but everything else is old! Shoes are from Gap, last year, earrings from Kohls.
Obviously I wake up looking gorgeous every day, as you can tell by the picture on the left (I don't even look that great when I wake up, that picture was taken late afternoon!) I have really straight fine hair, and all my life, my hair does not hold a curl! I started using velcro rollers, and I either have to sleep with them in or wear them with wet hair for a few hours, but the curl holds!
Here's a picture of the back of my hair. I just tuck, pin and use a million pounds of hair spray.
My brother-in-law & sister-in-law hosted a New Year's Eve party for the second time this year. When we walked in to the party we were greeted with festive decor, music, and treats.
First, played a trivia game with questions about 2014. Later, we played "truth or dare Jenga". It was really just "dare" Jenga because last year we had a label maker and we printed our own dares to put on the pieces. We get a little crazy ;)
We then had our 2nd annual "Just Dance Off". A bracket is created and we have to dance off against each other until we have one winner. My brother-in-law and I started off dancing to "Let it Go". I won my first round, but lost the second round. For the second year in a row, the biggest under dog of the group won. This year it was my Father-in-law! Always a fun competition!
  It was a good workout too!
We rang in the new year out in the front yard with noise makers, balloons, sparklers and, of course, kisses. 
So long 2014, you were a year of ups & downs. I have a feeling that 2015 may be a year of adventures. Considering that my word for the year is "Brave", it has to be right?
Happy Monday!

No comments :

Post a Comment