Monday, July 20, 2015

Dad's 60th Birthday Hawaiian Luau

My Dad turned 60 the week after July 4th, we celebrated his birthday around the 4th this year.
I've been wanting to throw a Hawaiian Luau for my Dad's bday for a while now. First of all, it's summer, why not?! Second of all, I remember when we went to Disneyland growing up, my Dad and my younger brother's favorite treat was the Pineapple Dole whips, so I wanted to make those part of the theme. Third, its an excuse to dress up for fun!
 
While not everyone in the family was inclined to dress up in theme, my Dad indulged for me :)
I bought these cute pineapple cups for our dole whips, as well as some pineapple paper lanterns. I had originally planned on hanging the lanterns up, but when I got them I found they only came in packs of 2, (for some reason I thought there were going to be 7? I guess I didn't read the description well!) so I didn't hang them up, I just set them out. I used this recipe for the Dole whip, and they turned out really good! I've never had one in Disneyland so I'm not sure if they tasted the same but I thought they were delicious :) 
My brother and his family. My nephew is so cute!
Being so close to the 4th of July we decided to take some patriotic pictures.
I made my mom hold a pineapple lantern with me for the picture they mad it in!
Parentals.
Me & the Hubby.
What I wore: Pineapple Tank: Old Navy (old, similar) // Shorts: Target (old) // Sandals: Target (girls)
Floral Headband: Forever21 (similar)
Sixty Candles! (not really though!)

Anyone have any fun parties this summer?
Happy Monday!

No comments :

Post a Comment