Saturday, April 30, 2016

Newsies come to Portland!!!!

Last weekend, I got to fulfill my childhood dream: Seeing the Newsies on Brodway!!
Not that, when I was a child it was on Broadway, but it has been a family favorite since I can remember. "Spot Collins" was so dreamy haha. 
It came to Portland close to my Mom's birthday so I treated us to the show :)


It did not disappoint! The music and dancing was amazing! I got teary-eyed as I watched, because I love dance and music so much, it's really amazing to see such talented people present their talents live. I really miss performing.

These songs always get stuck in my head! I totally wanted to sing along to every song!
I even got my picture with a Newsie!
We later went shopping at Bridgeport Village and caught happy hour at Twigs Martini Bar, which we have wanted to try for a long time!
 We shared bbq chicken flat bread and Kahlua pulled pork tacos--they were yummy!
 We got to sit by the cool fireplace, people watch, see some high school girls in beautiful prom dresses--saw lot many lovely things from Anthropologie to Charming Charlie and Barnes and Nobel. We're making plans to go back and buy a complete outfit from Talbots.
 Oh and we indulged in this lovely lemon drop :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment