Friday, July 28, 2017

Finding Art Inspiration in an ASOS Sequin Dress

Hi there! If you have been following my blog for a while, some of you may remember that last summer I found the dress of my dreams...


But sadly, it was over $200 dollars and I had no reason to justify buying it...and lets be honest, I currently have a closet full of sequin dresses that I never wear.
I hold on to the hope that one day my life will suddenly become more glamorous than it is, and I will have lots of reasons to wear them.
Anyway, I also bought a canvas letter E last summer to paint and hang up in my house, and I was having trouble figuring out what to paint on it when I remembered this dress.
So drew out the sketch while I was pregnant, and I finally just got around to painting it. It has taken me about a week because I've been trying to squeeze it in between during baby naps and also take care of house work and shower and get a nap myself, but I finally finished it yesterday. 
Voila!
I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.
Maybe I can't have the dress of my dreams, but I can have a little bit of it with this artwork to hang up on my wall now.
I hope this inspires you to be creative today!

No comments :

Post a Comment