Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Sunday

Hi lovelies! I'm sorry I am soo behind on blogging! Over the next week I'm going to catch up!

I hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend. I had 2 Easter brunches this weekend, and I am kicking myself that I didn't take more pictures of my family!! I didn't take any!
These are the only little Easter decorations I have. I got the banner from Target and the bunny and eggs were gifts from my mom :)
I am loving all of the cherry blossoms this spring!!
Easter brunch number one was at my Cousin's home. There were lots of goodies! I made a dump cake from the pioneer woman. I didn't take a picture of it because it wasn't very pretty but it was sure tasty! I made the cherry and pineapple one but instead of white cake mix I used cherry chip cake mix. It is super easy to make, but one tip I have if you make it is to make sure you cover every inch of the cake mix with butter! It only bakes where there's butter and I didn't realize that so I had to add butter and then it baked a little uneven.
We made some crafts that my Aunt discovered on Pinterest. Her sample in the top picture turned out really well.
Mine, well it was more of a Pinterest fail haha ;)
On actual Easter we had a brunch at my parents' house. My mom used her special place mats that she bought in the Caribbean when she got to go on a cruise with my dad.
My mom and my youngest brother cooked. I wish I had taken a picture of the cream cheese stuffed chocolate dipped strawberries my brother made!
My nephew had his very first Easter basket. As you can see he's a busy little boy ;)
My sister-in-law put a very soft, personalized bunny in his basket. So cute!
What I wore: Dress: Old Navy (old) // Cardigan: Old Navy (old) // Rain Booties: ASOS (old, similar) // Bracelet: Charming Charlie
I did manage to get a picture of Joel & I. Unfortunately it was after it started storming! It was raining and thundering so we took a picture under the covered deck.
My mom & I made a quick shopping trip to our favorite shopping area, bridgeport village, Friday after I got done teaching and I got the bracelet at Charming Charlie. It was so cute I couldn't leave without it!
I couldn't go home without snapping a picture of this little cutie :)
I love that we celebrate Jesus' resurrection in the Spring. It's a reminder that we can be made new again through Christ because of his ultimate sacrifice. He gave his life in exchange for ours, so that we may be forgiven our transgressions and be made clean in Christ. New life comes in the spring, and new life comes through Christ at any time.

I hope you all had a Lovely Easter.
Happy Monday!

No comments :

Post a Comment