Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday Fun

In honor of my birth I thought it would be fun to share:

26 things about me for my 26th Birthday

1.      If you ask me what my favorite color is, I will say yellow. However, in reality I don’t really have a favorite color, I just like what yellow represents, which to me is sunshine and happiness.
2.      My birthday is on the anniversary of the Mt. St. Helens volcano eruption. In Seattle they sell jewelry that looks like emeralds made out of the Mt. St. Helens ash, which my parents purchased a necklace and earrings of and I wore in my wedding. Fun Fact: Emerald is the birth stone for the month of May.
3.      I LOVE all things glittery, sparkly, sequined, and bedazzled/bejeweled.
4.      My favorite drink is a Mimosa. I would order them everywhere I go, but I feel like it’s only appropriate at brunch haha. Whatever.
5.      In high school I did musical theatre and one year we put on Disney’s Aladdin. I tried out for Jasmine and got cast as the magic carpet. I was devastated, but guess what? I rocked it and I ended up stealing the show J
6.      I love to read.
7.      I love learning about history and different cultures. I originally went to college to be a history teacher.
8.      I prefer salty snacks to sweet ones (I’m a chip-aholic)
9.      I love all things Disney and Disneyland is one of my favorite places and I’m dying to go back.
10.  I am named after both of my Grandmas.
11.  I have 3 brothers and no sisters.
12.  I love old musicals and classic music: Frank Sinatra & Nat King Cole to name a couple.
13.  I cry hard core EVERY time I watch Toy Story 3.
14.  Father of the Bride is my favorite movie.
15.  I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was 19.
16.  My favorite outdoor activity is hiking in beautiful places.
17.  Someday I want to go on a mission trip to India. I have ever since I saw all of the beggars on the first season of the Amazing Race.
18.  I’m slightly obsessed with the Hunger Games.
19.  I became a teacher because my heart is broken for all of the hurting and lonely kids in the world, and I hope that I can brighten their day in some way while I have them as students and be a positive influence while teaching them new things.
20.  Ultimate Frisbee is my favorite physical game to play.
21.  I am very fortunate to have people and circumstances that come into my life and push me outside of my comfort zone. I have anti-social tendencies and new situations give me anxiety.
22.  I love flowers of every kind. When I was younger I said that Tiger Lilly’s were my favorite because I love Peter Pan, but really just any flower is gorgeous to me.
23.  I love bluegrass and folk music.
24.  My mom & my husband are my best friends.
25.  I am a people pleaser and I like to make people happy (but if you start to push too far and take advantage of me then my inner hippo might come out…and then I’ll probably cry and apologize even though I shouldn’t, but if you’ve gone far enough I won’t.)
26.  That being said, I truly love people and want them to be happy. I feel that I am an empathetic person and I feel others’ pain when I hear about it. It bothers me and I want to do something to make their lives better. Right now the only way I know how to do that is to smile and be kind and pray.

That was fun! And also a lot to read--cudos to you if you actually read all of it! 
Do you have anything in common with me?
Well the next you hear from me, I will no longer be 25! 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment