Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Book Review


I absolutely love reading. So I've decided I'm going to start sharing some of my favorite books I have read. First off: Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand. 

Unbroken is a true story about Louis Zamperini; an Olympic runner who became of POW in WWII after surviving a plane crash. His story is so amazing, the whole time I was reading it I kept telling my husband "no one could have made this story up it is so crazy!" The author supplements the story with interesting historical facts that really helps the reader to get the big picture of what is going on. I love history, but for those of you who find history to be boring, I promise you this book will have you on the edge of your seat--it is not boring! Unbroken is an inspiring story with a happy ending (I love those!). 

I have heard that Angelina Jolie is directing a film based on the book. I am so glad that this will bring more attention to such an amazing story and I can't wait to see it, but I highly recommend that you read the book before seeing the movie!

Happy reading & have a great Tuesday!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment