Thursday, May 15, 2014

Gallery Wall

Today I am sharing my gallery wall with you. I am in love with the gallery wall trend. I have a very eclectic taste and I feel that the gallery wall is the perfect way to display it! I like mixing the different frames and metallics. Also, being as how my husband and I are renting right now, it is the perfect way to add color to my walls since we can't paint.

 On my gallery wall I have mixed artwork with photos and I threw in a plate and the letter E. My last name initial is E so I love decorating with it. I find that letters add interest to my home decor. I got this cardboard E at Joann's Fabrics & Craft Store and then just spray painted it the color I wanted.

When I first set out to hang my gallery wall I was a little intimidated. To start I just laid out what I had on the floor in an arrangement I liked. Then I transferred to the wall and as I accumulated more things to add I just filled it in where it fit. In the picture above I originally started out without the bird platter or the picture below the E. Oh and also I use command strips to hang everything so I don't put holes all over my wall (I hung the E with tacks though!) I think the most important thing to take into consideration when hanging your wall gallery is to not worry about being perfect. When I first hung mine I was irritated because I didn't get all of the gaps exactly the same distance so it didn't look perfect. Then I saw more pictures of other people's gallery walls and I noticed that not a single one was perfect. Now it doesn't bother me any more and I actually think the different spacings add to the eclectic feel of my decor!

I hope this inspires you and have a great Thursday!
   

No comments :

Post a Comment