Monday, March 3, 2014

Oscars

I wish I could report to you all that I had an adorable little Oscars party yesterday with lovely appetizers where I got dressed up and filled out a ballot, but the truth is, aside from going on a long walk with my husband, we basically sat around in our pajamas all day. Sigh, maybe someday.

Here are my top 5 looks from the glamorous night:

 #5. Penelope Cruz: I love this simple and clean look. The black bow and the bun makes me think Breakfast at Tiffany's. It's also flattering and modest.

 #4. Calista Flockhart: It seems that most dresses these days are strapless--I love that this dress had sleeves and the neckline comes up high. It highlights the details of the dress.

 #3. Cate Blanchett: Love the sheer sleeves and neckline, sophisticated color, sparkle, and the floral embellishments. The cut is feminine and flattering. Just lovely.             

#2. Viola Davis: at first glance, I wasn't real into this dress. But during her interview I took a closer look at it. I love the cut of the dress, the dropped waist and asymmetrical neckline gives interest and the green satin in a bold choice. It has an "old Hollywood" look to it.

#1. Sandra Bullock: Two words--class act. I love midnight blue, and the flow of the dress is beautiful. Sandra Bullock is a classy actress and person and it shows in her choice of dress for the night.

Click the pictures to view all of the featured looks from InStyle.com

On another note: My favorite moment of the night was Brad Pitt helping Ellen pass out paper plates for pizza :)


Have a glamorous Monday--even if you're busy doing the mundane like I am!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment