Monday, September 2, 2019

Jesus Koolaid, Mean Girls & Word Vomit

This picture has nothing to do with this post, other than that the flower is pink, and "on Wednesday's we wear pink"
It only makes sense if you've seen Mean girls.
For anyone that has read my blog from the beginning (like all 2 of you) you may have noticed that the direction of my blog has changed recently. Well, it has something to do with the whole "Jesus doing something new in me" thing from my last post. In other words, I've drank the Jesus Koolaid and I like it.

For those of you who don't know me, I was raised in a Christian home and I accepted Christ around the age of 7. I've never thought of myself as "lukewarm" Christian, but maybe I was. I have definitely been through hot and cold seasons of my faith and I have been a timid Christian, but I feel like God used motherhood (among other things) in my life to WAKE ME UP. It seems as though this awakening in me happened gradually and all at once at the same time. It's like mean girls--Jesus is Regina George and I'm obsessed with her--I mean Him--and he's not a self absorbed hussy--am I allowed to talk about Jesus and Mean Girls in the same sentence? I don't think so. Father forgive me for trying to be funny with a pop-culture reference (insert laughing emoji, oops I did it again.) 

I recently saw a social media post from one of my favorite Christian writers, Trillia Newbell, in which she shared a conversation she had with faith-based musician and author Michael Card, he said that he "wanted to spend the rest of his life learning about and communicating about Jesus." When I read that I thought to myself, "That's it! That's what I want to do!"

I hope to still share about the things that bring me joy--art, travel, creating, entertaining, home-making, relationships--however, because the thing that brings me the most joy is my relationship with Jesus, all of these things now have His filter over them. I now find myself asking, "how can I bring Jesus into this?" all the time!!

So if you stick around, I hope to present to you interesting content and beautiful images to look at it, but Jesus is where my heart and my attention are! If you read this whole thing, thanks for listening to my unfiltered word vomit!

Grace & Peace,

No comments :

Post a Comment