Saturday, October 12, 2019

Writing Prompt Challenge Day 1: START

A few weeks ago I participated in a writing prompt challenge on instagram hosted by Hope*Writers
I am proud of myself for completing all 10 writing prompts and I thought it would be fun to share them here! So here is day 1...



Sculpture in photo by Francisco Zúñiga

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great. ~Zig Ziglar
S T A R T
I spent an embarrassing amount of time brainstorming a caption for this first writing prompt.
Out of 3 pages of non cohesive ideas, the quote above is what I’m going on. (I really need to streamline my process or there is no way I can keep this up for 10 days!) I wanted this first post to be great, but I just don’t feel that it is. I considered not participating, but instead brought my struggle before God. He asked me: “do you want to do it?” And I said “yes.” So here I am. God gave me a desire not only to write, but to write about Him. It is said that a journey starts with a single step. As I embark on this mission to find my own voice through God’s voice, I can’t help but compare myself to Bilbo Baggins; a small person who is in way over their head! How great is it, though, that I have a God who has thoughts way higher than my thoughts. He has gone before me and already knows the road ahead. I hope he smiles on me, and perhaps occasionally giggles and shakes his head as I go about my journey, the way I did when I first read of Bilbo and his adventure. Here I start: not great, but with a heart that is full of hope and yearning to share words that are brave, honest and life giving!

Barbie

No comments :

Post a Comment