Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Valentines Day Date Night

My hubs & I wanted to go out somewhere special for Valentines Day, but like I mentioned in an earlier post, everywhere we called into was already full! When I got home from the dance competition, my hubby called in to a local place to check if they had any cancellations, and they did! He called at 4 and the opening was for 5 so we kinda had to skedaddle to get ready, but luckily it is close by so we were not too rushed.
The floral kimono I'm wore is actually something I bought to wear for Valentines Day last year but I decided I didn't have the right outfit to pull it off so I wore something else. I'm glad I finally figured out how to wear it this year!
What I wore: Kimono: Forever21 (old) // Dress: Target (old) // Belt: Betsy Johnson from Marshals (old) // Heels: Christian Siriano for Payless (old) // Clutch: Target (new!) //
Car selfies, ha. The sun was setting so the light was hitting me in weird ways. I originally put on MAC "snob" lipstick, but I felt it was a little too pale of a pink so I added a rose colored Loreal lipstick over the top. I'm wearing MAC eyeshadow from a travel palette I bought last year. The base color is "bordello", the highlight color is "skimp" and the crease is "lost" . The sunlight threw off the true colors a bit, but "bordello" is a mauve-y pink color, and the "lost" is kind of a purple-y brown color.

The restaurant we ate at is called "Latitude One". It's in a very small but cute down town area.

I loved the decor of the restaurant. My husband and I both love the old exposed brick and I LOVED all of the pretty mirrors they had hanging on the wall.
I love twinkling lights and this handsome guy :)
Just another little nook.
I decided to go outside my box and I ordered a pomegranate martini, it was a little too sweet for my taste, but it was still yummy.
We had a four course meal starting with cheese, bread and fruit, then we both had lobster bisque with a little bit of caviar, the main course was a pork but (it was delicious) and we finished with a special Valentines dessert to share.
Adorable.
I love him.
My husband bought me pretty roses for the Valentines day and we finished the night at home with wine and the NBA all star game (or maybe it was the skills challenge, I don't remember, we watched both this weekend, haha!)
I bought this wine at Cost Plus World Market around Christmas time because I thought the labeling was pretty. I decided Valentines Day was an appropriate time to bust it out.
Finishing off this post with my Valentines tradition. Ever since our first Valentines Day together, I make Joel his favorite dessert, Grasshopper pie. I never really follow one recipe, so it's a little different every year, that's part of the surprise ;) This year we already had dessert at dinner so we saved for later. I get to have one piece, and then I save the rest for him since it's his gift--it was so good!

I hope you all had a splendid Valentines/Galentines/President's Day weekend!
Back to the grind! Happy Tuesday :)
  

No comments :

Post a Comment