Friday, June 19, 2015

Swimsuit Season

Ah sweet summer!
I have officially been done with school for a week now. The evening of my last day of school, my dear friend came to visit me and go to the local swim hole to celebrate. I love Oregon country summers! Creekside is the best way to go :)
You may notice there is a lot of cleavage in this picture. No, we are not trying. In fact, I posted this picture elsewhere, but I cropped out the lower portion. I really like the color and style of my swimsuit though! I feel more comfortable sharing it on my blog, because to be honest, I would be very surprised if any guys read this! Swimsuit season has always been a point of contention for me. Many frustrating shopping trips for swimsuits have ended in tears for me. It's so frustrating to want to be modest but at the same time want to be fashionable! I have many ill-fitting swimsuits. It's hard to be a small person with a large chest.I'm so glad to have a friend who understands my dilemma! My friend Kate here, has written about her honest experiences growing up with a large chest and with reduction surgery on her blog (*disclaimer* colorful language).
It was a wonderful warm evening! The water was cool and refreshing, as I enjoyed my Dutch Brothers Peach Smoothie, looked at the tiny fish swimming by and talked about life.
So here I am, smiling in my uncomfortable swimsuit, because there is no one around to see me, and it is the last day of school!
I've been searching and searching for modest, stylish swimsuits to share with you all, and I feel like the fashion scene is starting to step up their game a little in this department, because I have managed to find quite a few--of course, there's something left to be said about what they actually look like on, but by my standards, the look cute and modest. I've had the post draft for a while, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to display them all in my post, because I'm not a professional blogger, and coding the layout is time consuming!

What is your take on swimsuits? Do you cringe at trying them on? Or do you just grab one off the rack and go for it? Any good finds this year?

Hope you are enjoying your summer so far!
Happy Friday! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment