Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wednesday Wisdom

Via Katie Daisy TheWheatField

This past weekend I had a delightful time visiting my husband's family to celebrate my brother-in-law's 40th birthday. It was a huge party! It was especially nice to get to visit with my sister-in-law for the weekend. We watched the movie "Saving Mr. Banks" about how Walt Disney made the movie Mary Poppins. It movie was interesting and enjoyed it very much.

At the most pivotal part of the movie (in my opinion) Walt Disney has to chase the author of Mary Poppins and have a heart to heart with her over the whole process. You need to see the movie to understand the context, but Walt Disney shares a difficult story about his dad, and the point is he says to her to CHOOSE TO REMEMBER THE GOOD!

I think we all have been hurt and let down by people we love in our lives. We cannot, however, live life to the fullest when we are hung up on bad things that have happened and choose to forget all of the good things that happen too.

So I guess my advice today is to think of someone you feel bitter toward or hurt by, and think of one good memory you have of them and focus on that when the anger or bitterness start to creep up on you. I know, easier said than done, but it's worth a try!


Remember the good today!
  

No comments :

Post a Comment